1. Flats- When you are pregnant, everything seems to get bigger, including your feet! I am currently obsessing over Tory Burch flats, especially the "Eddie" flats. I keep them in my purse at all times. While pregnant, your feet will swell up, and you may even experience back pain and other random pains throughout your body. Wearing comfy shoes will help ease some of the discomfort you may have. Also loving these.
2. Dental Floss- Consistent flossing is important during pregnancy. Having swollen and/or red tender gums that bleed is pretty common. Consistent flossing is important because your teeth and gums are more vulnerable to plaque buildup and infection. Eeeek!
3. Tummy Tube- I purchased the "TummyTube" in all colors from A Pea in The Pod during my first trimester. These bands are great because you can wear your pre-preggo jeans or pants for a while longer. I am currently 7 months and still purchasing non-maternity bottoms. I know this is wishful thinking but I am hoping the Tummy Tube will hold me over until the end because maternity jeans are freakin' expensive!!! Another great option: The BeBand from Target.
4. Yoga Pants- My black yoga pants are my fave! I wear them around the house, to the store, on my walks, etc. I just wear these bad boys everywhere! I'm sure I will even wear these post pregnancy as you are still bloated for a while after giving birth. So go invest in a pair of comfy yoga pants. I promise you won't be disappointed. My favorite yoga pants are from Gap.
5. Maternity Pillow- OMG I don't think I could survive without my boyfriend (aka maternity pillow)! My husband has officially been replaced by this sucker. I cuddle with my pillow and wrap my legs around it for back support. Even my dog loves this thing. If I'm not using it then you can most likely find Rambo all snuggled up with it. Before I had this pillow I could not get a good night's sleep. I have scoliosis so pregnancy has added some extra strain on my back. This pillow has helped with some of my back pain and I now get a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep cuddling with my new boyfriend. I've even heard this is great post pregnancy and can be used as a nursing pillow. The maternity pillow I am currently using is by Dreamgenii and can be found at A Pea in The Pod.
6. Water- Ok ladies, go fill a glass of water before you continue to read this post. Drinking water is extremely important during pregnancy. You need to keep your body hydrated. Drinking enough water will prevent dehydration which would otherwise lead to headaches, nausea, cramps, and dizziness. In the third trimester, drinking water is especially important because dehydration can cause contractions which can trigger preterm labor. Yikes! Maybe you should go refill your glass now. ;)
7. Stretch Mark Cream- So, I am not sure if these creams really work but it wouldn't hurt to give them a try, right? I have used this stuff religiously for the past three months, and so far..... NO STRETCH MARKS! I have heard the main cause of stretch marks is genetics, but I still love anything that can possibly help prevent the onset of these creepy little lines. I am currently using Mustela's stretch mark cream which can be found at A Pea in A Pod.
8. What to Expect When You're Expecting- I purchased this book immediately after I found out I was preggers. The content of this book ranges from budgeting to birth and is full of helpful information for mommies and daddies to be. It is great to know what is normal and what is not. Who knew that your body would be put through so many crazy experiences while you're pregnant? Geesh!